Zannys food is registered as zannys food and will be using this name for daily operations. Please note that “we”, “our”, “us” or ZFA all refer to zannys food Ltd. our commitment is towards the total protection of the privacy of every user of our website www.zannysfood.co.uk, or mobile applications (we shall be referencing both website and app as “platforms”). Please read this privacy to explain how your personal information is protected and used. Zannys food is the “handler” of the information we process unless otherwise stated.
- Contact Details
- our general customer services team at: support@Zannysfood.co.uk
- our Data Protection Officer: dpo@Zannysfood.com
- How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Sites to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our Sites, to help us improve our services and optimise the customer experience.
We collect information:
- when you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
- when you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery);
- through your interactions with us or our services, such as when you request information or receive marketing, information about Zannys food initiatives or other communications from us by email, phone, post, SMS, push notification, or via our chat function;
- when you participate in a competition, prize draw, promotion about our services, or our partners’ services; and
- when you browse or use our Sites (before and after you create an account with us).
We also collect information from third party sites, such as advertising and social media platforms and our fraud detection provider. If you link your social media or your third-party accounts to us, we will keep a record of your social media handle, and the other information that is made available to us according to your social media account settings.
If your employer signs up for Zannys food for Work, we may receive your contact details from your employer to enable us to provide our services to you. Please see section 5. Zannys food for Work for more details.
- Information We Collect from You
As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Sites more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you.
When you visit the Sites or make a Zannys food order through the Sites, including any partner’s website we work with to provide delivery services, you are asked for information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details, loyalty scheme details where applicable, and payment information such as credit or debit card details. We will also collect information from you when you contact our riders using the chat function on our Sites. We will also collect your date of birth to verify your age when you purchase age-restricted items.
We collect information about your use of the Sites and information about you from any messages you post to the Sites or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via email, post, phone or chat function. If you contact us by phone, we record and make notes about the call, including for training and service improvement purposes.
We collect information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Sites. We also collect technical information about your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, carrier, location data and performance data such as mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as the use of NFC Tags, QR Codes and/or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any Zannys food mobile application, through your mobile’s browser or otherwise.
We process health information about you only where you volunteer and consent to this, for example, if you report any specific food allergies after placing an order.
Where we need to collect information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel our service to you but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- Use of Your Information
We will only process your information if there is a reason for doing so and if that reason is permitted by law.
Where we need to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract with you, we use your information to:
- enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Sites, we collect necessary cookies from your device.
- supply the services you have requested, we collect your name, contact details, delivery address and order details.
- enable us to collect payment from you, we collect your credit or debit card information; and
- contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order, we collect the information listed above and any additional information we may need to resolve your issue.
We also process your information where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, which are to:
- personalise our services, including making it easier and faster for you to place orders.
- improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future.
- tailor content that we or our partners display to you, for example, so that we can show you partners who are in your area or make sure you see the advertising, which is most relevant to you, based on characteristics determined by us.
- enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible and to provide a positive customer experience.
- contact you for your views and feedback on our services or our partners’ services and/or products and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Sites or our services, including letting you know that our services are operating in a new area, where you have asked us to do so.
- send you information by post about our products, services, promotions and Zannys food initiatives (if you do not want to receive these, you can let us know by getting in touch (Please see section 1. Contact Us));
- analyse your activity on the Sites so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us to prevent fraud; and
- detect, investigate, report and seek to prevent fraud or crime.
We also process your information to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, to ensure compliance with our internal policies and procedures for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of Zannys food, our partners, riders, or others (including to prevent fraud).
If you submit comments and feedback regarding the Sites and the services, we may use such comments and feedback on the Sites and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by the name and the city you have provided us, and such comments and feedback may be shared with our partners to assess and improve their services.
We will also analyse data about your use of the Sites and the services to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications, to present you with partners that we think you will prefer, or to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in (including Zannys food for Work). This activity is referred to as profiling. You have certain rights about this type of processing. Please see section 12. Your Rights for more details.
We may also use your information to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
- Zannys food For Work
We process your information to determine whether you may be interested in hearing about our Zannys food for Work service and, if your employer signs up for Zannys food for Work, to make this service available to you.
If your employer signs up for Zannys food for Work, we will contact you to let you know that the Zannys food for Work service is available to you. If you would like to take up your employer’s offer to use Zannys food for Work, we will tag your Zannys food account as having a Zannys food for Work allowance. For more information, please contact your employer.
When you use Zannys food for Work, we will process your information for the purposes set out in the Use of Your Information section above. We will also share information relating to your order (such as the order date and time, the payment amount and the partner with which the order was placed) with your employer.
Where you have given your consent or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products and services, or Zannys food initiatives that may be of interest to you and we may contact you to do so by email, post, phone, or push notification or in-app message.
We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
You may see Zannys food banners and ads when you are on other websites and apps, such as on social media. We manage this through a variety of digital marketing networks and using a range of advertising technologies. The banners and ads you see are based on information we hold about you, your previous use of our services (for example, your order history) or on banners or ads on our Sites that you have previously clicked on. We use your information to send you communications that are the most relevant to you. You have certain rights about this type of processing. Please see section 12. Your Rights for more details.
You can control your marketing preferences by:
- visiting our website, www.Zannysfood.co.uk, or mobile application;
- clicking on “Account” (for our website this is under the drop-down menu); and
- scrolling down to “Marketing Preferences”.
Where you have chosen at a device level to begin or continue receiving push notifications from us, we may send you push notifications relating to the services that you have requested from us and information about our services, offers and Zannys food initiatives. You can choose to stop receiving push notifications from us at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device.
We may still contact you through email where you have opted out of direct marketing with service communications, including, but not limited to, correspondence providing information about your order, service interruption and delivery safety.
- Automated Decisions
We undertake fraud checks on all customers which is necessary for us to:
- perform our contracted services to customers.
- ensure that our services (and those of all our partners) provided are duly paid for;
- ensure that customers themselves are protected from fraudulent transactions being made on their payment cards.
Given the volume of customer orders we handle, we use automated systems, including from a third-party fraud detection provider called Ravelin. This system analyses order data to make automated decisions as to whether we should accept an order or not. This is a fairer and more accurate and efficient way of conducting fraud checks since human checks would simply not be possible in the timeframes and given the volumes of customers that we deal with.
The checks and decisions that are made look at various components including known industry indicators of fraud which our expert fraud detection provider makes available to us, as well as fraud patterns we have detected on our Sites. When combined, these generate an automated score indicating the likelihood of a fraudulent transaction. Where we believe there may be fraudulent activity, we may block you from placing an order and using our Sites. The specific fraud indicators are dynamic so will change depending on what types of fraud are being detected in the industry, country and our Sites at any particular time.
Our fraud detection is in place to protect our customers, as well as Zannys food. You have the right to contest any automated decision made about you and to be given more information about why any such decision was made. Please see section 12. Your Rights for more details.
- Retention Of Your Information
We will only retain your information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
When determining the appropriate retention periods, we will consider factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights about the information involved.
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain information for a certain period.
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s).
- our legitimate interests for retaining the information (please see section 4. Use of Your Information).
- whether there is an actual or potential dispute; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require it for the purposes, we collected it.
- Sharing Your Information
The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers located within the EU. We are very careful and transparent about who else your information is shared with.
We share your information with other Zannys food group companies only where necessary for the purposes set out in the Use of Your Information section above. We share your information with our partners (such as restaurants, grocers, and other retail partners on Zannys food), who have access to limited information to enable them to fulfil an order. Where relevant and you give your consent, we may share the health information you volunteer to us with partners to enable them to investigate and respond to complaints.
We share your information with third-party service providers that provide services on our behalf. The types of third-party service providers whom we share your information with include for example:
- Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers).
- IT service providers (including cloud providers).
- Riders have access to limited information to enable them to fulfil an order.
- Customer support providers (including, but not limited to, companies that assist us to provide customer or technical support); and
- Marketing and advertising partners.
We share your information when we promote a programme or offer a service or product in conjunction with a third-party business partner. We will share your information with that partner to assist in marketing or to provide the associated product or service. In most of those cases, the programme or offer will include the name of the third-party business partner, either alone or with ours. An example of such a business partner relationship would be a partner that we partner with for providing delivery services.
If you submit comments and feedback regarding the Sites, services, and our partners we may share such comments and feedback with our partners. In addition, and if you consent to it, we may share health information about you with our partners, for example, if you report any specific food allergies after placing an order.
If our business enters a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
We may also share your information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or regulatory requirement.
- to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement.
- to protect the rights of Zannys food, our partners, riders, or others, including to prevent fraud; and
- with such third parties as we reasonably consider necessary to prevent crime, e.g., the police or for health and safety purposes.
In some cases, the information we collect from you might be processed outside the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area, such as the United States and the countries in which Zannys food operates. These countries may not have the same protections for your information as the UK or EEA has. To the extent these countries have not been lawfully recognised as providing an adequate level of data protection, we will ensure that the information that is processed by us and our suppliers outside of the UK or EEA is protected in the same way as it would be if it was processed within the UK or the EEA. We ensure to use an appropriate data transfer mechanism, such as reliance on the protections set out in approved standard contractual clauses.
Please contact us using the contact details above for further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your information.
We adopt robust technologies and policies to protect your information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have implemented procedures to deal with any data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
When you open an account you may create a password, or other secure login method and provide payment card details. You must use a unique password and keep any password you create, or other secure login methods, the secret to help prevent others from accessing your account.
- Your Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection law about the information we hold about you.
- The right of access. This is also known as a “data subject access request”. You have the right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
- The right to erasure. This is also known as “the right to be forgotten” which enables you to request the deletion or removal of certain of the information that we hold about you where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to block or suppress further use of your information in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we may still have a lawful reason to store your information, but we will not use it further.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format which you can transfer to another service provider or other third party. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to withdraw consent. Where we rely on consent to use your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing consent will not, however, make unlawful our use of your information before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing of your information, including processing for direct marketing purposes and profiling. You can object by changing your marketing preferences and disabling cookies as set out in section 6. Cookies and section 7. Marketing or by contacting us.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your information, such as in connection with our fraud checks.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer in writing at dpo@Zannys food .com.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your information you can contact your local data protection authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would, however, really appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your local data protection authority and so we please ask that you contact us first.
Roofoods Ltd, The River Building, 1 Cousin Lane, London, EC4R 3TE, United Kingdom
What are cookies and similar technologies?
Cookies and similar technologies are pretty cool. They can make your online experience personalised by helping us show you relevant Zannys food adverts when you browse other websites or apps, help us to understand how you are using our services (including our website and apps) and our emails, and save you lots of time by remembering your details. But how do they do it?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your device and are often unique identifiers. They store small bits of data when you visit a website. We also use similar technologies to cookies, such as ‘web beacons, ‘pixels’ or ‘tags’ on our websites and in our emails, and SDKs in our mobile applications, which do a similar job to cookies. In mobile apps, these technologies may collect and use the advertising identifier associated with your device. From now on we will refer to all of these technologies as ‘cookies’ for ease.
Cookies collect, record and share information about you and/or your device when you view a website, app or email. This information can include your language preference or login information, the device and/or browser you are using, the date and time of visits, and how you are using a website or app (for example, what pages you view the most).
For more information about cookies please visit All About Cookies.
How long do cookies last?
Cookies usually have expiry dates that determine how long they stay in your browser or on your device:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that expire automatically whenever you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies usually stay in your browser for a set period, or until you manually delete them.
You can learn more about the duration of individual cookies we use in our Settings.
Turning off cookies
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by accessing our Settings, including withdrawing any consent you provided at any time.
You can also manage and delete cookies through most internet browsers by changing your cookie settings but if you do Zannys food websites and apps won’t work properly.
Here are the instructions for desktop browsers:
And here are the instructions for mobile browsers:
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information on cookie management and blocking or deleting cookies for a wide variety of browsers, visit All About Cookies.
What cookies do we use?
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website or service to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site and digital services. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site or used our service, and will not be able to monitor the performance of the site or service.
These cookies enable the website or service to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation when you use Zannys food. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies (also known as targeting cookies or social media cookies) may be set through our site or digital service by us or our third-party partners. They may be used by us and those third parties to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites and services. They do this by uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. These cookies may also measure the effectiveness of advertising. They may also allow you to quickly share content across social media (through the use of simple “sharing” buttons) or sign in to our services using your social media account.
Information about our third-party partners and how they collect and use your information through their cookies, and how to further control your ad preferences (where offered by the third party), is available in the links below:
How we track emails
Our emails to you contain analytics cookies (see above for more information about these). These enable us to recognise when our marketing subscribers have opened an email or clicked certain links. This allows us to record each subscriber’s email address, IP address, device ID, date, and time associated with each open and click for a campaign.
We use this data to create reports about how interesting or useful our marketing campaigns were to our users, then we can adjust them to make our campaigns more relevant.
Need more information?